Ojai Film Society’s Young Filmmaker Grant Program 2019
In 2019, the Ojai Film Society’s Young Filmmaker Grant Program will have a fund of $10,000 available to help a selected few young filmmakers produce short films (20 minutes or less). Monies will be awarded based on a demonstrated budgetary need basis.
Competition for grants is open to anyone who meets the following criteria:
- must be between 18-26 years of age;
- must live in greater Ojai (Ojai, the East End, Upper Ojai, Meiners Oaks, Mira Monte, Oak View or Casitas Springs).
To apply for the grant, candidates will need to submit the following:
- A sample movie of no more than 3 minutes titled FIRST DATE. There are no restrictions of any kind on the content of the film. It can be shot and edited in any digital medium (smart phone, digital camera, video) and should be uploaded to the program’s web site [http://www.ojaifilmsociety.org] as a QuickTime video. Though technical expertise will be considered, what is most important to the grant committee is the candidate’s ability to bring story, point of view and character to life on film.
- The script (if a narrative film) or proposal (if a documentary) for the film the candidate wants to make and for which grant money is sought. (Please note, animated movies will not be considered.) It’s understood the script may need to go through a development process, and the program’s board will be available to help with that.
- A budget for the film to be made, detailing how the grant money will be used. The committee understands that budgeting a film may not be in a candidate’s skill set. We will be available to consult with and advise the candidate on how to do a budget before one is submitted.
The deadline for submission of the above is January 31, 2019, and must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
Applicants selected for consideration will be interviewed, and grants will be awarded by March 15, 2019.
Once grants are awarded, the filmmakers will be free to make the films they envision, but some restrictions and conditions on the part of the Ojai Film Society will apply and will be discussed with the candidates before grants are awarded.
If a prospective candidate has any questions, please send them to the above e-mail address, and we will do our best to answer them.
The Ojai Film Society Young Filmmaker Grant Committee